With deep experience in key leadership positions at environmental government agencies, the environment and energy attorneys at Brown, Hay + Stephens help clients navigate the complexities of state and federal environmental and energy laws and regulations.
Our attorneys represent businesses, associations, and local governments in:
- The defense of environmental enforcement actions before state and federal environmental agencies, in state or federal court, and before the Illinois Pollution Control Board.
- Achieving regulatory relief before the Illinois EPA or the Illinois Pollution Control Board.
- Achieving local siting for pollution control facilities from the relevant local governments.
- Regulatory development before the state and federal environmental, agricultural and natural resource agencies.
Brown Hay + Stephens' attorneys get positive results for clients in administrative appeals across environmental law areas and assist clients in ascertaining and achieving their compliance goals, providing environmental due diligence in business transactions, and assisting with permitting. Learn more about our Environmental Law practice group.
The energy law practice group at Brown, Hay + Stephens help clients with energy-related issues, including:
- Regulatory consulting and wind-energy zoning.
- Legislative and regulatory consulting for energy-efficiency projects and programs.
- Practice before the Illinois Commerce Commission on behalf of associations, companies and landowners.
- Representing oil and gas, coal companies, mining interests and other energy and utility clients in environmental or energy regulatory contexts.
Experience With Federal Entities
Our attorneys have experience representing clients in front of and negotiating with:
- State of Illinois
- Illinois Pollution Control Board
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Illinois Department of Agriculture
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Joint Committee on Administrative Rules
- Illinois Commerce Commission
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Department of Justice
Environmental + Energy Attorneys