Brown, Hay + Stephens provides expert legal services to different types of creditors, including: banks, equipment lenders and lessors, trade creditors, commercial lessors, contractors and other businesses. Our attorneys develop practical, cost-effective solutions to minimize our clients’ risk and maximize recoveries. Our creditors' rights and bankruptcy practice assists with a number of areas including:
- Commercial and agricultural loan documentation preparation and review.
- The impact of the Uniform Commercial Code and other statutes affecting commercial lenders and other creditors.
- Loan restructuring and distressed loan workouts.
- Federal and State court actions against defaulting debtors/guarantors.
- Lien enforcement actions including mortgage foreclosures, replevin actions and receiverships.
- Enforcement of mechanic's liens and other rights arising under construction contracts.
Our attorneys also assist with bankruptcy representation in Chapter 7, 11, 12 and 13 cases, including:
- Motions for relief from stay/adequate protection issues
- Claims objections
- Reorganization issues
- Adversary proceedings, including preference and fraudulent transfer litigation
- Discharge/Dischargeability actions
- Lease assumption/rejection
- Asset sales under §363 of the Bankruptcy Code
Creditors' Rights + Bankruptcy Attorneys